The sleeve of skin as well as mucosal tissue that naturally covers the tip of the penis is surgically removed and this procedure is called circumcision. The foreskin, a double layer of skin, is sometimes referred to as the prepuce. When erect, the foreskin offers enough loose skin for the penis to occupy. The skin sheath is moveable, which helps reduce friction and the need for artificial lubricants. It also allows the glans and the skin to naturally stimulate each other during intercourse. Circumcision surgery in Kolkata can now be performed using laser, thanks to advances in medical technology. Furthermore, laser circumcision differs from the traditional circumcision process, which involves the use of scalpel or medical scissors.
How is Laser Circumcision PerformedLaser circumcision is a less invasive technique with no bleeding, which allows for quicker and easier healing. The treatment takes 20 minutes and can be done under local, general, or spinal anaesthesia. The patient is taken for pre-surgery medical examinations and anaesthesia is given as soon as they arrive at the hospital. If local anaesthetic is used, the patient may be discharged on the same day of the procedure. In such instances, the doctor recommends that the patient spend 3-5 hours in the hospital following the treatment. After that, the patient can easily return home. The laser cuts through the foreskin during laser circumcision. As a result, the patient does not experience any bleeding or pain during the procedure.
Why Laser Circumcision Is Performed
- Hygiene – A circumcised penis is typically thought to be cleaner or simpler to keep clean. When the foreskin is present, smegma (a substance made up of dead skin cells and secretions containing lysozyme) is more prone to collect.
- Infections – It lowers the risk of urinary tract infections (UTIs), sexually transmitted diseases, penile cancer and cervical cancer in partners.
- Religion – Circumcision is accepted in many cultures and religions for a number of reasons.
What are the Benefits of Laser CircumcisionWith the minimally invasive and pain-free laser process, circumcision can be performed on both older children and adult males. The benefits of laser circumcision are listed below.
- It simply takes 10-15 minutes to complete the operation.
- The treatment is painless.
- There is no blood loss.
- After the surgery, there will be no wounds or scars.
- Infection risk is negligible.
- There’s no need to dress up every day.
- It has no effect on your fertility.
- All foreskin problems will be solved permanently.
- There is no discomfort during sexual activity.
- Performed by Dr. Purnendu Bhowmik, one of the best laser surgeons in Kolkata, with hundred percent success rate
- The laser therapy provides a permanent remedy with no recurrence.
- After the next day, he should be able to resume his regular routine.