Piles or haemorrhoids are swollen veins that form around or inside the anus. There are two types of haemorrhoids, internal haemorrhoids and external haemorrhoids.
The first line of treatment for people suffering from piles is incorporating a diet with high-fiber content and avoiding processed food. Apart from dietary modifications, patients can take warm baths and apply gentle petroleum jelly to the affected area to soothe pain and itching.
However, these treatments cater to the symptoms and do not treat or cure the disease. Therefore, it is better to consult a doctor and discuss surgical treatment options to cure the condition, says Dr. Purnendu Bhowmik, a piles doctor in Kolkata.
Several surgical treatment options are available, including Photocoagulation, Haemorrhoidectomy, Sclerotherapy, Rubber Band Litigation, and Laser treatment. Among these options, in Kolkata, laser piles surgery is the preferred mode of surgery.
Why is it preferred?
For physicians, laser surgery for piles is the preferred option because it is possible to have the procedure done as an outpatient procedure, which is always more convenient. Surgeons can use a laser to pinpoint the exact tissue that needs to be treated, keeping the healthy tissues in the immediate vicinity unaffected, says the best piles surgeon in Kolkata.
Laser surgery for piles is preferred by patients because it causes no bleeding and allows for a faster recovery. The procedure is painless and does not necessitate the use of any medication.
The procedure causes minimal discomfort because the laser, while shrinking or removing swollen veins, also seals off the nerve endings of small blood vessels and nerves. Furthermore, one of the main reasons laser haemorrhoid surgery is preferred is it’s a highly successful procedure, says Dr. Purnendu Bhowmik, the best piles laser surgeon in Kolkata.
Benefits of treating piles with laser surgery
- When compared to other procedures, the patient experiences significantly less pain.
- The procedure does not require hospitalization.
- Laser surgery is much safer than traditional surgical options, and patients can be discharged the same day.
- The surgeon’s task is far less complicated and risky because the blood vessels in the anal region are sealed off by the laser.
- The chances of any other medical complication occurring are minimal.
- Because general anaesthesia is not required for the procedure, recovery is much quicker.