Anal fissure and its causes: Explains proctologist in Kolkata.
Anal fissures are cuts and wounds around the anus. According to reports, most patients suffering from colon or rectum-related issues often get diagnosed with anal fissures. One of the best proctologists in Kolkata even stated that an anal fissure can affect anyone, irrespective of their age and gender. If left untreated, the condition becomes severe and is a major reason for rectal bleeding.
Causes of anal fissure: Explains proctologist in Kolkata.
- Constipation: Persistent passing of hard stools often tears the area around the anus
- Diarrhea: Frequent diarrhea can cause anal fissures.
- Childbirth and pregnancy: Childbirth results in tearing of the anus lining. The best fissure doctor in Kolkata stated that females are more prone to develop anal fissures post-delivery
- Sexually transmitted disease: STDs like HIV, HPV and herpes can cause anal fissures.
- Certain underlying conditions: Some underlying conditions like ulcers and irritable bowel syndrome can cause anal fissure if left untreated.
Anal fissures: Some myths and facts explained by proctologists in Kolkata
There are several myths when it comes treating anal fissures. The best fissure doctor in Kolkata explains some facts to clear your misconception.
- Myth: Anal fissure is a rare disease.
Fact: About one in every ten people get diagnosed with anal fissures
- Myth: Older people are more prone to develop anal fissures
Fact: Anal fissures can affect anyone irrespective of age and gender.
- Myth: Surgery is the only option to get relief from anal fissures.
Fact: Anal fissures can be prevented and treated by changing your lifestyle and diet
- Myth: Anal fissures increase the risk of cancer
Fact: There is no such fact surrounding this myth. Anal fissures do not increase the risk of cancer.
5. Myth: You must not do any kind of exercise if you are suffering from anal fissures
Fact: Exercise is avoided only if the condition of the patient is severe. Otherwise, patients can do slow breathing exercises and meditations.
6. Myth: There is a possibility of reoccurrence of anal fissure after surgery
Fact: Laser Fissure Surgery is one of the safest and most effective treatments to get relief from anal fissures.
Conclusion An anal fissure is a common condition among people. Various treatments are available to cure this disease; most surgical procedures do not even involve any cuts and wounds. A healthy lifestyle can also prevent the occurrence of anal fissures in the very first stage. So, if you are suffering from anal fissures, do not panic and have a consultation with a good proctologist.