Piles is a common disease that engulfs most adults in India. However, it can be treated easily with laser piles surgery in Kolkata.
In the case of laser piles surgery, the surgeon burns the enlarged hemorrhoids to shrink them using a narrow laser beam to focus exclusively on hemorrhoid and spare the surrounding tissues.
It is a safe operation that results in minimum bleeding and a rapid recovery.
If you suffer from piles and are considering laser piles surgery, then according to Dr. Purnendu Bhowmik, a piles doctor in Kolkata, here are some post-operative dos and don’ts that you should know.
What to Do After a Laser Procedure for Piles
- After the surgery, you should not eat or drink anything for around 4 hours. After this period, to avoid constipation, nausea, and vomiting, start with liquids and a bland diet such as plain rice, bananas, apple sauce, etc.
- You may consume juices, jellies, and soups because they are soft and easily digestible.
- Make a point of drinking plenty of water each day, at least eight glasses.
- After a few days, you can begin eating solid foods such as soft-cooked vegetables, mashed potatoes, and lean proteins.
- Avoid constipation at all costs and continue to consume plenty of fluids.
- Increase your intake of fruits, green leafy vegetables, and whole grains.
- If your anal area is swollen or irritated, you can apply an ice pack, says Dr. Purnendu Bhowmik, a laser surgeon in Kolkata.
- Maintain a dry and clean anal region.
- Always maintain a comfortable sitting position.
Don’ts Following Laser Piles Surgery
- Avoid foods that promote constipation, such as difficult-to-digest proteins, milk, and milk products.
- For a few days, refrain from probing the surgical site.
- Avoid caffeine-containing beverages.
- After your laser piles surgery in Kolkata, avoid rubbing towel paper or a towel over the anal area since this will irritate the area.
- Avoid straining when passing stool.
- For a few days, refrain from lifting heavy objects.
- Exercises involving weight lifting should not be performed for about two weeks. After that period, start slowly and gradually get into your previous routine.
Piles is a painful condition, but with the availability of laser treatment, you don’t need to suffer in silence.