Stapler circumcision is one of the modern techniques of surgery used to remove the foreskin that protects and covers the tip of the penis. It is one of the most advanced techniques where disposable circumcision equipment known as ZSR anastomotic circumcision stapler is used for the treatment. Stapler circumcision surgery is performed to treat diseases like phimosis, paraphimosis, balanitis, and balanitis xerotica obliterans. It is essential to understand the tasks performed before and after surgery to learn the entire surgical procedure of stapler circumcision.
Tasks performed before stapler circumcision surgery.
A few days before the circumcision surgery in Kolkata, the surgeon will suggest the following to the patients:
- A complete physical check-up, including the details of the medical history of the patient.
- The surgeon will demonstrate the procedure of circumcision and the benefits of performing the surgery.
- The doctor will ask the patient to stop taking blood-thinning medications, such as aspirin, a few days before circumcision treatment in Kolkata.
- The doctor can decide on the type of anesthesia to be used for the patients based on their current health condition.
- The patients shall be asked about all the supplements, herbal products, or medications they take.
- Parents should feed their babies with formula or breast milk six hours before circumcision is scheduled for an infant.
- If your child is older than one year and scheduled for circumcision, do not feed your child after midnight.
Tasks performed on the day of stapler circumcision surgery.
Once the patient reaches the hospital on the day of surgery, the following surgical procedures are followed:
- Permission will be asked from the patient, along with selecting a ZSR circumcision anastomotic stapler of an appropriate size for the after-measurements.
- After the surgery, the patient shall be monitored closely until the after-effects of anesthesia are gone.
- The doctor shall also prescribe some painkillers and medications for a quick recovery.
- Once the patient’s condition is stabilized, he will be discharged from the hospital.
Recovery procedure after stapler circumcision surgery.
Here are some tips for quick and effective recovery after undergoing circumcision surgery:
- The patient will be advised to avoid putting extra pressure on the penis.
- The patient will also be advised not to get involved in sexual intercourse for at least three weeks.
- The patient needs to be hydrated within the first 24 hours after the surgery.
Stapler circumcision surgery is one of the safest surgical procedures that involve shorter surgery time and minimal injury to the tissue with a lesser volume of blood loss.