Are you planning to get circumcised but do not know who to talk to or how to go about it? Look no further. Dr. Purnendu Bhowmik, the best circumcision doctor in Kolkata shares his thoughts and suggestions on circumcision.
What is circumcision?
Surgical removal of the foreskin is known as circumcision. The foreskin is the loose blanket of skin, covering the head of the penis. The foreskin is normally elastic and can be retracted or pulled back.
Circumcision surgery is simple, however, it demands the skill of an expert circumcision doctor.
Reasons to undergo circumcision
The best circumcision doctor in Kolkata lists the reasons to undergo circumcision. These can be –
- Foreskin scarring
- Pain and itching
- Change in foreskin color
- Infections like balanitis or lichen sclerosis
- Frequent urinary tract infections (UTI)
- Pain or spraying while urinating
- Over deposition of smegma
- Foul-smelling liquid discharge from foreskin
- Less chance of penile cancer
- Less chance of STDs
- Less chance of penile infection
Types of circumcision
- Conventional Surgery – This is the traditional form of surgery that uses a knife or blade. Anesthesia may or may not be given which leads to greater pain. It takes about 45 min to complete. Recovery time is also much more (about 7-10 days) compared to other types of surgery.
- Stapler Circumcision – A device that consists of an outer bell and an inner bell is used. This device is called “Stapler”. The Inner bell protects the head of the penis while the outer bell cuts and staples the foreskin. This surgery is comparatively less painful. The recovery time is 1 day.
- Laser Circumcision – This surgery employs thulium laser emission to cut the foreskin. Before surgery, the penis is cleaned using a sterile iodine solution. It is a cost-effective and highly precise procedure, with minimum operation time. The procedure is painless and takes about 15 to 20 minutes to complete. The recovery time in case of this surgery is 3 days.
What to do after surgery?
- After surgery, you should be careful for 2-3 days.
- In the first 24 hours after the procedure, you should drink plenty of water.
- Apply ice to the area for up to 2 hours the first day, 10-20 minutes at a time.
- Wear loose and comfortable underwear. Do not remove the dressing unless the doctor says to do so.
If you are looking for circumcision surgery in Kolkata, visit Clinica Health. Clinica Health provides both Stapler and laser circumcision surgery. Consult Dr. Purnendu Bhowmik, for the best experience with the most advanced techniques for circumcision like laser circumcision and Stapler circumcision.