When your gallbladder is inflamed or infected, you are suffering from gallbladder disease. Stones and blockages also occur in the gallbladder, leading to serious complications. Gallbladder issues come with several symptoms, and it’s essential on your part to identify the symptoms in your case. The best gallbladder surgeon in Kolkata is of the opinion that gallbladder problems demand immediate medical intervention.
Those who suffer from gallbladder problems undergo pain, which can range from mild to severe. Eventually, this pain radiates to different parts of the body, including the chest.
So, let’s explore the major types of gallbladder problems:
- Gallstones: It is one of the most common gallbladder problems affecting a large population. Gallstones are small yet hardened deposits that originate in the gallbladder. The risk factors of gallstones include rapid weight loss, obesity, high calorie and low fiber diets.
The symptoms of gallstones include pain in the abdomen, nausea, and vomiting. More severe symptoms come in the form of high fever, intense abdominal pain, and yellowing of the skin. Don’t wait too long to seek gallstone treatment. If you do, chances are high of developing a perforated gallbladder.
- Gallbladder inflammation: This inflammation is also referred to as Cholecystitis. It is mainly caused by gallstones blocking the tube that protrudes out of the gallbladder. Bile can accumulate within the gallbladder owing to this blockage and leads to inflammation.
The symptoms of cholecystitis encompass severe pain in the abdomen, intense back pain, fever, nausea, and vomiting. If cholecystitis is left untreated, it can cause life-altering complications like gallbladder rupture. During such instances, patients need to undergo surgical removal of the gallbladder. Connect with the best gallbladder surgeon in Kolkata to get more information in this regard.
- Gallbladder polyps: Usually, gallbladder polyps affect 4-7% of adults. These polyps are abnormal growths of tissue that arise within the gallbladder lining. There are several types of gallbladder polyps: pseudopolyps, inflammatory polyps, adenomyomatosis, adenomas, and malignant polyps. More often, these polyps are harmless, but at times, they can become cancerous.
- Gallbladder cancer: This is a rare condition but can spread quickly if left untreated. If you have gallbladder cancer, consult the best gallbladder surgeon in Kolkata without giving any second thoughts. Gallbladder cancer is likely to occur in case you have chronic inflammation or bile duct issues.
- Biliary colic: This condition arises when a gallstone obstructs the bile duct. Biliary colic causes mild pain in the abdomen. However, this pain is temporary and often lasts up to an hour. The pain will stop if the gallstone breaks free and unblocks the duct.
You should know that gallbladder issues have some common symptoms in the form of abdominal pain, vomiting, and nausea. If you experience persistent abdominal discomfort, it’s necessary to seek the advice of the best gallbladder surgeon in Kolkata for precise diagnosis and apt treatment.
Get in touch with the top-rated gallbladder surgeon in Kolkata, Dr. Purnendu Bhowmik, to address your gallbladder problems effectively.