It is critical to understand that surgery is the only way to eradicate an anal fistula. Treatment for a fistula without surgery is usually not an option and laser surgery is an effective treatment method to treat it, says Dr Purnendu Bhowmik, a doctor of fistula laser treatment in Kolkata.
How is anal fistula laser treatment performed?
Because of its benefits and effectiveness, laser surgery for anal fistula is gaining popularity in India. A particular amount of laser energy is introduced into the fistula tract via the thin laser probe during the laser procedure. Fistula tissues are destroyed after the laser is inserted and the laser probe is pulled back, closing the tract.
The procedure takes only a few minutes, leaving the healthy tissues unharmed. The laser treatment for fistula recovery is quick and painless.
Why should you opt for laser fistula treatment over traditional surgery?
For various reasons, laser treatment for fistulas is superior to traditional methods. We have listed the advantages of laser treatment for fistula that conventional therapy does not provide, says the doctor of fistula treatment in Kolkata.
• Minimally invasive procedure
• Healing time is reduced compared to traditional surgeries
• Quicker recovery and return to regular routine
• Fewer post-surgery complications
• The chances of recurrence are nil
Recovery from anal fistula laser treatment
Laser treatment for fistula recovery is quick and painless. Because it is a minimally invasive daycare procedure, the patient can return home the same day, says the best fistula doctor in Kolkata.
• After 2-3 days, the patient can resume normal activities
• Do not engage in any strenuous activities unless instructed to do so by your doctor
• Although there are no dietary restrictions, adhere to the diet chart provided by the surgeon for a few days after the surgery
• If you notice anything out of the ordinary, call your doctor right away
When should you see a doctor?
When the patient returns home after surgery, they must follow the post-surgery instructions given by the healthcare provider. Follow all of the instructions given to you for a quick recovery, whether it is diet or exercise, says the doctor of fistula laser treatment in Kolkata.
Following surgery, you should be aware of the following symptoms and seek medical attention if you notice any of them:
• A rise in pain, inflammation, or discharge
• Vomiting or nausea
• Indigestion (no bowel motion for 3 days or more days)
• Urinary incontinence
• Redness, swelling, or pain in the anal region
• Swelling of the groin lymph nodesThese symptoms are extremely unlikely to occur following laser fistula surgery but if they occur, do seek medical attention. For more details consult Dr Purnendu Bhowmik, the best fistula surgeon in Kolkata.