According to Dr. Purnendu Bhowmik, a laser surgeon in Kolkata, laser piles surgery refers to treating piles via laser application.
The hemorrhoids, which are swollen and inflamed anal tissues, are burned and shrunk using a laser beam. The surgeon directs a narrow beam of light at the tissues, causing blood flow to be disrupted and tissues to fall off.
The procedure is non-invasive and does not result in any bleeding or pain.
Both surgeons, as well as patients, now prefer laser piles surgery over conventional surgery.
Why do the best piles surgeons in Kolkata choose laser surgery over conventional surgery?
Laser surgery is a day-care procedure with several benefits over conventional surgery. Laser surgery more effectively treats hemorrhoids, improves symptoms, and reduces post-operative pain compared to conventional surgery.
It is not only effective in curing piles but also other diseases like external thrombosis, fissure, sentinel tags, fistula, and varicose veins.
According to Dr. Purnendu Bhowmik, a laser surgeon in Kolkata, here are some reasons why laser surgery is better than traditional surgery in treating piles –
- Compared to conventional surgery, operation time is less, and you can get discharged in hours.
- In 3-5 days, you’ll get back to your normal routine.
- Precise treatment.
- Laser surgery does not require sutures and leaves no scars.
- Because there are no cuts or stitches, the surgery demands less recovery time.
- Symptoms can be relieved quickly.
- During surgery, there is less blood loss.
- There is no or very little post-surgery pain.
- Less chance of infection
- Laser surgery is a sphincter preserving surgery. Therefore, it does not cause incontinence (lack of control over defecation)
- Rates of recurrence are the lowest.
- After surgery, you will not need to pay frequent visits to your doctor.
- High rate of success
- There is no requirement for general anesthesia. This surgery can be performed under local anesthesia.
What factors should be considered when selecting a laser surgery clinic?
The success of laser piles surgery depends on the medical team and the availability of a sophisticated setup.
If you are looking for laser piles surgery in Kolkata, choose a clinic that employs a specialized team of doctors, nurses, dietitians, and counselors led by a highly experienced gastro surgeon.
In addition, see that the clinic consists of advanced tools and techniques for performing surgery and managing any post-surgery complications that may arise.