Laser treatment for varicose veins is a very popular and effective treatment procedure. Laser surgery uses heat from a laser to shut off the spider veins so that the blood no longer flows through them. Instead, the blood then flows through the healthy veins leaving aside the cut-off veins.
In today’s blog, we look at some tips to care for varicose veins post-surgery. If you are in need of a varicose vein surgeon in Kolkata, reach out to Clinica Health for the same.
Let’s look into the details of this subject.
What Are the Benefits of Laser Surgery for Varicose Veins?
There are four benefits of laser surgery for varicose veins. They are as follows:
- The procedure is performed as an outpatient procedure. This means that you can go home the very day of the procedure. There is no need to stay overnight in the hospice or clinic.
- There are very few cuts involved, making it a minimally invasive procedure.
- Patients are likely to recover quickly and return to normal activities on the same day as the procedure.
- The effectiveness of laser surgery is well known. It is a pretty effective and painless way of treating the condition of varicose veins.
How to Care for Yourself Post Laser Surgery of Varicose Veins?
After you have opted for treatment from a varicose vein surgeon in Kolkata, here are some care tips that you should keep in mind.
- Be aware of the signs and symptoms of blood clots. While blood clots are pretty rare, they can occur especially after treatment.
- It’s important not to lift any heavy weights after treatment for around a month.
- Experts also recommend that you avoid driving for a few days.
- While it’s considered safe to shower, it is not recommended to soak in a tub for at least a week.
- If you want your legs to heal faster, it’s important to lift them above heart level for better circulation and blood flow so that your legs heal quickly. Also, avoid placing a lot of weight on your legs. Take it easy for a couple of days.
- Try your best to avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time at a stretch.
- Try to remain physically active for at least 15-20 minutes per day.
- If the doctor has recommended some painkillers, do not forget to take them on time.
- Also, if the doctor recommends, you may need to wear compression stockings for a while.
This varicose vein surgeon in Kolkata recommends that you follow these self-care tips post-surgery of varicose veins. It will help you stay healthy and stay safe.
Also, if you notice any blood clots, reach out to your surgeon, as these could be potentially dangerous.